The Bread Factory is a Food Manufacturing bakery dedicated to making deliciously crafted bread, cakes and pastries. We are proud to craft products for our GAIL’s bakeries, neighbourhood grocery stores, restaurants and more!
As our teams grow, we are on the lookout for our next Learning & Development Manager based at our site in Hendon.
Every day is different at The Bread Factory, but here are some of the things you will be doing:
- Collaborate with department heads to identify skill gaps and training needs across various teams, including support team, production, quality and safety.
- Design and deliver engaging training programs, workshops, and e-learning modules to enhance employee skills and knowledge in areas such as food safety, quality assurance, and operational efficiency.
- Lead and partner on a variety of projects to deliver the TBF strategy; Partner with internal and external SMEs to deliver a variety of topical learning covering SOPs, functional and behavioural skills
- Build Good Manufacturing Practice training tools and training, aligned to production, quality measures and business goals
- Own the Learning Management System, create automated processes that build scalable measurement practices. Design and deliver engaging online interventions utilising authoring tools and best practice
- Create a network of skilled trainers in production and build the associated development and quality assurance programme that supports operational excellence
Here are some key areas we think you can impact in this role:
- Stay abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices to ensure training materials and programs remain current and relevant.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning by promoting internal talent development programs and career pathways and building the associate learning tools and programmes.
- Partner with the People Team to support onboarding processes, ensuring new starters receive relevant training to integrate seamlessly into their roles.
- Collaborate with external training providers, if needed, to bring specialized expertise and resources to The Bread Factory
Our team tell us you will be a great addition if you…
- Have proven experience in learning and development, preferably in a FMCG, food manufacturing or related industry
- Strong understanding of food safety standards, regulatory requirements, and industry-specific training needs
- Experience of leading a team of learning and development professionals to develop and drive high performance
- Exceptional instructional design and facilitation skills with the ability to create engaging and effective learning programmes, tools and experiences
- Familiarity with learning management systems and other training technologies.. Experienced with a variety of off the shelf authoring tools, such as Storyline, ADAPT and Captivate, as well as learning management systems
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Free products on the job
- Family-friendly policies such as enhanced maternity and paternity pay, and grandparents leave
- 50% GAIL’s discount card and 40% off at The Bread Factory & The Flour Station Markets. As well as access to our benefits platform
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- 3 months career break with your job waiting for you when you return
- Wellbeing benefits such as 24-hour GP service, parties, Cycle to work schemes and more…
We understand that flexibility can offer productivity improvement to help you balance your career with your commitments and interests outside of work. If you have a suggestion of how we can make this role work for you, please let us know.
We believe job descriptions are your daily to-do lists, and that’s why our job adverts are a little bit about us and why we would like you to choose us. If you are successful at our pre-screening stage, we can provide you with the full job description