Who are we? We are the UK’s leading Artisan bakery group, The Bread Factory & GAIL’s Bakery.
Our bakery portfolio includes The Bread Factory, GAIL’s Bakery, Flour Station and Richard Bertinet Sourdough. We make award winning breads, pastries and cakes and are the proud suppliers to London’s Michelin restaurants, prestigious hotels and even the HM The king.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting and carrying out paperwork checks across the process in the department
- Carrying out quality checks at the relevant stages of the process
- Verifying and ensuring quality checks are completed at all relevant stages of the proces
- Daily checks on all machines & ensuring that they are on the correct settings
- Completing Quality Assessment Record for products
- Cross checking trace code documents against the system to make sure all information is aligned.
- Responsible for rejecting products if they do not meet the guidelines
- Previous experience in a similar ambient product or bakery environment
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills with influencing skills
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to the position
- Professional qualification in Food Safety or similar field
- 1+ years food manufacturing experience
- A basic understanding of customer codes of practice (e.g.: allergen, labelling and coding, and foreign body detection
- Training in root cause analysis methods and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel
Contracted hours: 45 hours – Full Time (overtime is optionable)
Pay Rate: £12.50 per hour
Working Hours: 10am - 7pm
Shift Pattern: Sun - Thur
Location: Hendon, London, NW9
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be learning from the best in town!
- Visit our Bread Room and take a loaf home with you every day
- 40% discount at The Bread Factory and GAIL’s Bakery
- Discounts and Savings from high-street retailers and restaurants
- 24 hour GP service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking and good transport links
At The Bread Factory, we believe in our people. We encourage and invite applications from all different cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, as we pride ourselves in our diverse work culture where people from all walks of life can grow with us and fulfill their potential. Our people are what makes our brand and products exceptional.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the role.
It is not intended as an exhaustive list.