The Bread Factory is a Food Manufacturing bakery dedicated to making deliciously crafted bread, cakes, and pastries. We are proud to craft products for our GAIL’s bakeries, neighborhood grocery stores, restaurants, and more!
As our teams grow, we are on the lookout for our next Health and Safety Manager based at our site in Hendon with our Regional Sites in Milton Keynes, Manchester, Bath, and St. Albans.
Every day is different at The Bread Factory, but here are some of the things you will be doing:
- To develop and implement a SHE action plan for the Site to drive a Health & Safety culture across the business and ensure full compliance with legislation and Environmental standards.
- Developing and recommending policies, standards, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance with H&S and Environmental legislation and site standards.
- Ensuring personal and environmental accidents and incidents are investigated, recorded, and reported properly, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents.
- Ensure a robust ‘near miss’ process is in place, communicated, understood, and is an effective tool for accident reduction.
- Provide assistance and advice and carry out risk assessments about safe systems of work, policies, ways of working, environmental issues, maternity, etc. and ensure a robust review process is in place.
- Coordinate actions about claims, requests from enforcement authorities and Loss Adjusters, etc Tracking and providing statistical KPIs and reports to relevant parties to drive improvements.
- To keep the business informed of any new legislation, identify gaps, and implement actions to ensure compliance. Develop and manage a robust auditing process.
- Ensuring audits and auditors are effective. Audits are regular and add value.
- Management of First Aiders, ensuring there is sufficient cover across the business and First Aiders are sufficiently trained and clear on their responsibilities.
- Develop an effective team of H&S representatives. Ensure well-trained reps with a clear remit. Schedule regular and effective H&S meetings with well-communicated outputs and clear action plans Work with site L&D Team to ensure that H&S and Environmental compliance training requirements are clear and on track.
- Develop and drive a plan toward best practice levels of training appropriate to roles across the business. Assist in sourcing training providers and deliver training as required.
- Work with OH and HR to advise on Health Surveillance requirements and ensure the site is compliant. Advise departments on appropriate PPE specific to Health and Safety requirements.
- To manage the outsourced security contract and personnel on-site.
- Support the Senior Team in ensuring site security is robust and appropriate safeguards and systems are in place.
Our team tells us you will be a great addition if you have…
- Diploma level NEBOSH, H&S, and Environmental qualification or equivalent
- 5+ years of food manufacturing experience ·
- Retail premises experience (desirable) · Training in root cause analysis methods and tools ·
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem-solving skills / personal judgment as well as policy adherence to make an optimum business decision. ·
- Train the trainer. ·
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel
Key Performance indicators
- Tracking and reducing time lost due to accidents
- Management of accidents and near misses.
- Tracking and reducing RIDDOR incidents
- Driving and Delivery of the H&S Culture
- Minimum Legal Requirement being achieved.
What’s in it for you?
- Free products on the job
- Family-friendly policies such as enhanced maternity and paternity pay, and grandparents' leave
- 50% GAIL’s discount card and 40% off at The Bread Factory & The Flour Station Markets. As well as access to our benefits platform
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- 3 months career break with your job waiting for you when you return
- Wellbeing benefits such as 24-hour GP service, parties, Cycle to work schemes, and more…
We understand that flexibility can offer productivity improvement to help you balance your career with your commitments and interests outside of work. If you have a suggestion of how we can make this role work for you, please let us know.
We believe job descriptions are your daily to-do lists, and that’s why our job adverts are a little bit about us and why we would like you to choose us. If you are successful at our pre-screening stage, we can provide you with the full job description