The Bread Factory is a Food Manufacturing bakery dedicated to making deliciously crafted bread, cakes, and pastries. We are proud to craft products for our GAIL’s bakeries, neighborhood grocery stores, restaurants, and more!
As our teams grow, we are on the lookout for our next Multi Site Technical Manager at our site in Hendon.
Responsible for the technical compliance and standards at both Hendon and Bath. This includes working with production, engineering, product development, and supply chain to ensure the compliance of the sites to the relevant third-party accreditation. This includes customers' codes of practice, BRCGS, BRC Start, and Salsa. The role also includes the support, coaching, and mentoring of the technical teams on site.
Every day is different at The Bread Factory, but here are some of the things you will be doing:
- Drive improvements in quality awareness and effectively implement quality improvement projects across the group.
- Implement the QA and QC site strategy
- Monitor and report on the site KPI’s related to quality both internally and externally in conjunction with production
- Manage the customer complaints investigation process and monitor the complaints reduction program
- Implement HACCP program within the units
- Offer best practice advice and solutions to maintain hygiene and house-keeping standards – both people and environment
- Own and maintain quality protocols including Operator PQC checks, Central Kitchen PQC, Quality Investigation Reports, Metal detection, and Pre- start-up checks
- Control the collation, reporting, and corrective actions of held stock
- Ensure appropriate training is delivered by the Quality Team to all levels of factory personnel
- Deal with specification and non-conforming materials issues as well as isolations, corrective actions, root cause analysis, and implementation of preventative measures on-site
- Identify Quality / Food Safety best practices and lead and develop QA and innovation teams
- Monitor risk management activities
- Manage factory-based RCAs
- Coordinate onsite audits and customer visits
- Ensure the implementation and roll-out of customer codes of practice on site.
- Work with Gail’s team to ensure the integration of the HACCP flow and risk assessment.
Key Performance Indicators
- All audits and customer audits are to be AA grade or GREEN status.
- All third-party audits and customer audits to be above A* grade or GREEN status
Our team tells us you will be a great addition if you…
- BSc or above professional qualification in Food Safety or a similar field
- 5+ years of food manufacturing experience, preferably in a technical role
- Level 3 HACCP or Higher (Required)
- A detailed understanding of retailer codes of practice and experience in implementing them across production sites
- Experience in High Care Facilities (required)
- Experience in Bakery or Ambient products (desirable)
- Training in root cause analysis methods and tools
- Experience in leading BRCGS and Regulatory Audits
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel
What’s in it for you?
- Free products on the job
- Bonus Package
- Family-friendly policies such as enhanced maternity and paternity pay, and grandparents' leave
- 50% off GAIL’s discount card and 40% off at The Bread Factory & The Flour Station Markets. As well as access to our benefits platform
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- 3 months career break with your job waiting for you when you return
- Wellbeing benefits such as 24-hour GP service, parties, Cycle to work schemes, and more…
We understand that flexibility can offer productivity improvement to help you balance your career with your commitments and interests outside of work. If you have a suggestion of how we can make this role work for you, please let us know.
We believe job descriptions are your daily to-do lists, and that’s why our job adverts are a little bit about us and why we would like you to choose us. If you are successful at our pre-screening stage, we can provide you with the full job description